AmeriFirst is currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our growing team.
We offer above average market wages, a full benefits package and the opportunity for advancement and additional incentives. Candidates should enjoy the challenge of working independently as well as in a team environment, have strong analytic and reasoning skills and thrive in a fast paced but fun work environment. We proudly employ a very tenured team of experienced professionals and have seen minimal turnover over the past few years!
Department: Customer Service
• Answer all incoming phone calls.
• Explain and resolve customer’s questions.
• Transfer call to applicable department as needed.
• Prepare lien releases on paid out loans.
• Prepare special lien release requests and reissue rejected documents from the counties.
• Process daily non sufficient funds report.
• Reverse payments from customer accounts and assess any fees in conjunction with Non Sufficient Funds, (NSF).
• Handles new automatic withdrawal setup, cancellation request and other updates.
• Fax payoff information and Verification of Mortgage (VOM) and subordination request forms to lenders.
• Request pay histories for customers and prepare correspondence for customers.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Knowledge of consumer finance and general credit practices
• Customer service and data entry experience preferred
• Excellent communications and public relations skills
• Well organized
• Attentive to detail
• Willingness to assist others
• Strong typing abilities
• Ability to operate related computer applications, and other business equipment including calculators, printer, and telephone
• Assumes responsibility for accurately and promptly performing basic functions related to home improvement loan funding.
• Verifies legal documents are signed and dated correctly and document packages are complete prior to funding.
• Responsible to verify all federal and state regulations have been complied with
• Researches and resolves any errors in the legal documents.
• Verifies all stipulations set by underwriters at the time of approval have been met prior to funding.
• Balances loans to the date of purchase to ensure correct payments to contractors/dealers.
• Assumes responsibility for the accurate performance of other related payable functions.
• Researches errors in the loan documents and resolves them through the contractor.
• Does final check when applicable with the customer(s) to ensure customer(s) understand all terms and conditions of their home improvement loan.
• Posts information to computer records for accurate recording of loan status once documents received by the funding department.
• Board loans into loan system.
• Processes contractor/dealer payments.
• Authorizes vendor payments and maintains all related records.
• Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relations with contractor/dealers, title companies, appraisers, and other business contacts.
• Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and communication with Company personnel and with management.
• Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Knowledge of retail installment contracts
• Basic understanding of accounting principles
• Previous experience in a full service financial institution helpful
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Good communication and public relations abilities
• Solid math skills
• Able to use computer applications, 10-key, and related business equipment
Department: Merchant Services
• Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward clients always.
• Responding promptly to Merchant inquiries.
• Communicating with Merchants through various channels.
• Providing initial training and onboarding of new and existing Merchants.
• Assisting, where needed, in the sales and business development process and providing support.
• Acknowledging and resolving complaints.
• Knowing the company’s products inside and out so that you can answer questions.
• Keeping records of client interactions, transactions, comments and complaints in the internal CRM and CIM systems.
• Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
• Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
• Ensure Merchant satisfaction and provide professional support.
• Facilitate and manage writing proposals for new opportunities for National Accounts.
• Proffer required solutions to problems presented by Merchants and Clients.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• High School, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• The candidate is expected to possess skills in customer service
• At least three years in a customer service environment
• Ability to work with technology, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite and CRM systems technology
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills
• Highly organized – able to manage multiple projects and goals and objectives
• Must be able to work independently while still functioning well in a team
• Ability to develop strong and effective relationships
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities
• Ability to pass drug test and background checks performed by the Company
Department: Business Development
• Prospect for new business
• Solicit and market company’s consumer financial products and services
• Present financial products to potential and current clients
• Maintain current book of business
• Monthly target goals
• Resolve contractor inquiries and complaints
• Some travel required
• Experience having fun at work
• Strong communication skills
• Home improvement experience preferred but not required
• Previous outside sales
• Customer service abilities
• CRM platform familiarity a plus
• Ability to build rapport with clients
• Strong negotiation skills
• Organized & detailed oriented
• Medical and dental insurance
• 2 weeks of vacation first year of employment plus holidays
• Remote work location
• Base Salary plus commission
Position Reports To: Collections Team Leader
Positions Supervised: none
Responsible for performing collection activities associated with various delinquent accounts. Reviews delinquent accounts, determines probable reasons for account status, and contacts clients to resolve the delinquencies. Utilizes various techniques, as circumstances indicate, to promptly collect on delinquent accounts. Ensures that the Company’s professional image is maintained.
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional performance of collections functions.
a. Receives delinquency reports from the computer system and verifies the status of the accounts.
b. Follows up on delinquent accounts by telephone, personal contact, and correspondence to secure a satisfactory resolution to the repayment problem. Discusses possible financial arrangements, informs clients of potential legal actions, and suggests financial counseling to arrive at suitable payment arrangements. Continues to collect until the account becomes a write-off, bankruptcy, or attorney account. Makes early contact with clients to collect and keep them informed of account status.
c. Utilizes effective human relations skills and various forms of persuasion to present a positive Company image in an already negative situation. Calms irate clients and answers questions and complaints relevant to Department functions. Determines reasons for delinquencies and works toward permanent solutions. Minimizes losses by early actions.
d. Utilizes further appropriate collection methods if initial attempts do not secure required payment. Recommends extensions of due dates. Suggests consolidations and financial counseling.
e. Refers accounts to Collector II for bankruptcy actions. Continues related collection efforts.
f. Performs collections efforts in accordance with Company policies and procedures and ensures they are legally compliant.
2. Assumes responsibility for the efficient administration of collections activities.
a. Keeps accurate and up-to-date activity reports on late, potentially late, and delinquent accounts.
b. Documents all collection actions taken, including telephone conversations, alternative financial arrangements, and correspondence on computer.
c. Researches accounts that appear on late and potentially late records to ensure that Company errors are detected promptly. Provides clients the opportunity to fully explain their account status.
3. Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business relations are established and maintained with clients and external contacts.
a. Maintains the Company’s professional reputation throughout collections operations and in all contacts with clients.
b. Maintains confidentiality.
4. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Company personnel.
a. Assists area personnel as needed.
b. Keeps management informed of activities, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems.
c. Attends and participates in meetings as required.
5. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Stays informed of changes in collections policies, procedures, and related legal requirements.
b. Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
c. Completes special projects as assigned.Start Application